Father's Friday Flocknote
Father's Friday Flocknote
June 18th, 2021 | St. Vincent De Paul
Hi there, everyone! I hope that you are having a great week so far. Here's this week's "Father's Friday Flocknote."
1) 100th Anniversary Pictures: As part of our upcoming celebration of our parish's 100th anniversary. We would like to create a photo history of parish events & happenings. If you have any pictures that you would be willing to loan to us of any significant events that have happened here at St. Vincent De Paul (parish wide or family events), please drop them off at the parish office. Please put your name & phone number, along with the year if you know it on each picture so that we can make sure that they get back to you.
2) Update on my Dad: Thank you for all the prayers for my dad during his struggle with cancer. Last week, we received the news that the cancer had seemingly spread & the doctors felt that the chemo was only making him sicker. They have given him 2-6 months. Right now he is ok & not in any pain, he & my mom went to Mass at my home parish last weekend. Yes, miracles do happen, so please keep on praying, but I am going to try to spend as much time with him as I can before & if/when things get worse. As Bishop Malesic reminded me when he called me the other day, "John, you're a priest yes, but we can get someone to take care of that, but we can't get someone to be a son to your father." I will keep you updated on how he is doing.
3) Father's Day: A happy & blessed Father's Day to all of our father's, grandfathers, & father figures! As we remember, honor, & celebrate them, we also remember all those father's who have lost children, those who have struggled to be fathers, & all those who are unable to be fathers.
4) Liturgical Fund: We have recently established a Parish Liturgical Fund. The purpose of this fund is to help us with the purchase, restoration, renovation, fixing up, of various items that we use for our liturgical celebrations. Envelopes for this fund can be found at the doors of the Church & can be placed in the collection basket or dropped off at the parish office.
5) Livestreaming Update: Over the past few days we have been installing a new live-streaming camera system that will enable me/us to livestream various liturgical & prayer opportunities. Once the system is fully installed & set up & I learn to how to work/run it I will update you as to how to access our parish's livestream.
6) Prayer to the Sacred Heart: In this month of June, here is another prayer to the Sacred Heart that you might like to pray...
O most holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore You, I love You, and with a lively sorrow for my sins, I offer You this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure, and wholly obedient to Your will. Grant, good Jesus, that I may live in You and for You. Protect me in the midst of danger; comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.
Have a Blessed Week!
Fr. John Pfeifer
on Friday, June 18 at 1:00PM