As We Return To Public Mass
Hi there, everyone! Thank you for your continued understanding & patience as we navigate through these uncertain times & constantly changing guidelines & best practices in our return to public Mass. Just a reminder that our first public Mass will be on Wednesday, May 27th @ 8:30 am. We will resume the normal Mass schedule as much as possible, keeping in mind that we need to sanitize the Church between each Mass. We will need some help from volunteers in order to do that. If we are not able to sanitize the Church between Masses we may have to adjust the Mass schedule as needed. Also....
1) We have taken the hymnals out of the pews for the time being. Those who are used to following along with the readings, etc. are invited to bring their own missal (of any type) to Church. Please make sure to take it with you when you leave as we may have to discard anything that is left in Church.
2) Please bring a mask/other face covering with you when you come to Mass. We do have a limited # of disposable ones available, but please bring your own mask with you when you come.
3) After seeing how some other parishes are handling the reception of Communion, I have made some changes/updates to how we're going to receive Communion. Here is the video:
. I know that the sound is muffled with the use of the mask so here are the steps:
1). Approach the Priest/Deacon with your mask STILL ON.
2) Extend your hands, forming a cup in one.
3) The Priest/Deacon will drop the host in your hand, avoiding any contact.
4) After you’ve received the host, step to the side, lower your mask with one hand, & consume the host with the other hand.
5) Replace your mask immediately after consuming the host & return to your pew.
I will be talking before each Mass this weekend to update everyone. Please remember too that there is NO obligation to attend Mass right now. Those who are in high risk groups, our elderly, anyone who is uncomfortable coming out in public just yet is strongly encouraged to stay home.
Fr. John Pfeifer
on Tuesday, May 26 at 11:00AM